Air Sea and Road Transportation
The method of transportation is a vital part of the process of change. Invictus will discuss with the customer the appropriate method of transportation. By air, land or sea your cargo is safe.
Because of the size or volume, there are several types of cargo that can not be economically unviable to move by other means of transport than the sea.
Sea freight is a less expensive method of shipping goods, but the disadvantage is a longer transit time. Another benefit to sea freight is while size and weight can be a problem for air; not for sea freight.
Ocean freight is used extensively for the movement of bulk goods, such as DOMESTIC GOODS AND VEHICLES, etc. (depending on how sensitive the delivery time is).
Maritime freight is also a preferred means of transport for handling large volumes and heavy loads such as minerals, metals, ores, steel coils, etc., which would be impossible to move by air freight.
In addition, companies are putting more emphasis on the environmental impact on shipping. An air freight service emits a greater amount of pollutant gases with less space capacity compared to maritime freight services, which are considered to be a much greener mode of transport with a higher carrying capacity.
- Large volumes. A large container ship can carry +/- 20,000 units equivalent to twenty feet (TEU)
- More environmentally friendly among all modes of transport
- Economic. Maritime transport is the most efficient mode of freight transport.
- Wide coverage worldwide
- Multiple carrier options for senders
- Mode of transport
|Container types and measurements|
One of the most expensive means of transportation due to the speed requirement and the fuel that is used.
It also has limitations regarding the size and weight of the load. Regulators limit what can and can not be transported by air, and as such, odd or very large items may be more suitable for other modes of transport.
- Quick transit
- Less handling of cargo
- Less documentation
- Reliable arrival and departures
- Enhanced level of security for your cargo
Is the most common of all modes of transportation. It is widely used in continents such as Europe, Africa, and North America. The single customs document process provides a seamless movement of goods even across various states and countries.
However, truck transport is limited somewhat as to what it can carry by the size of the vehicles used and by size and weight restrictions. Another limitation is that it is affected by weather, road conditions and traffic.
- Quick and scheduled delivery
- Local, over border, long or short haul deliveries even in rural areas
- Flexible service
- Saving in Packing Cost compared to other modes
- Track and trace of cargo and truck
- Complete door-to-door service and it is one of the more economical means of transport